ProActive Rehabilitation and Health’s Adamstown practice offers a specific group program for clients with Parkinson’s Disease. This closed group is limited to 6 participants per Exercise Physiologist to ensure that the specific needs of the individual is met.
Unlike other PD programs in the community, the program at ProActive Rehabilitation and Health is focused on an individualised program and progression for each client in a small group setting. This program is not designed as a one size fits all program. This will ensure that all your individual needs and requirements are met.
Regular physical activity that is specifically tailored for clients with Parkinson’s Disease (PD) has been demonstrated to improve gait performance, mobility, balance, core stability, strength, and aerobic capacity, thereby reducing the disease severity, and sustaining a clients quality of life. Furthermore, exercising at the right intensities can have a neuroprotective effect and slow disease progression for those living with PD.
This is where Exercise Physiology comes in!
Our PD program is structured around five principles:
- Challenging: challenging activities help to slow symptom progression.
- Intensity: we match the intensity to the individual and their capacity.
- Powerful Movements: Exercises that involve these types of movements help to manage your symptoms.
- Individual: Our Exercise Physiologists supervise every session and will tailor progression and regression so that each exercise suits you.
- Enjoyable!: Need we say more – we all look forward to exercising more when we enjoy what we do!.