12-Week Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Proactive Rehabilitation and Health’s Adamstown practice offers a comprehensive 12-week Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Program for clients in the subacute phase, following discharge from in-patient care. The program has been designed by our team of highly experienced Exercise Physiologists and aims to facilitate a safe and successful return to independent activities of daily living (ADL’s). Throughout the program, clients are closely monitored and assessed by our Exercise Physiologists to ensure they can exercise safely and efficiently to overcome the challenges of cardiac rehabilitation.
What Our Outpatient Program looks like:
- Week 1: Clients participate in a one-on-one functional, cardiorespiratory, and musculoskeletal assessments to provide a benchmark for the program
- Weeks 2 to 4: Clients engage in early-phase strength, flexibility, and low intensity aerobic exercises to build endurance, range of motion and tolerance.
- Week 5: Clients are reassessed to ensure they are meeting milestones and can progress to moderate intensity activities.
- Week 6 to 12: Clients will progress to moderate intensity activities based on their assessed capabilities
- In addition to exercise, clients are provided with high quality education and resources each class. This helps our clients develop the necessary skills to independently monitor, prescribe, and troubleshoot barriers to physical activity so they achieve long-term sustainable outcomes
- Referrals can be made by the Inpatient Healthcare Team, General Practitioner, or you can contact us directly