ProActive Rehabilitation and Health’s two studios, in Adamstown and East Maitland, can provide individualised and/or small group training programs for current and returned service men and woman who have a qualified condition under a White Card or Gold Card.
Current and returned Service Men and Woman can receive Exercise Based Rehabilitation Services that are designed to provide individualised rehabilitation programs to address:
- All Musculo-skeletal injuries including (but not limited to):
- Lower back and spinal conditions
- Hip related injuries
- Knee related conditions
- Feet and ankle conditions
- Shoulder and upper arm conditions
- Anxiety and depression
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Any other related conditions that were sustained during service
To access Exercise Physiology services through ProActive Rehabilitation and Health a referral is required from your General Practitioner (GP). This referral is a D904 and lasts for 12 visits under a White Card and for 12 months under a Gold Card.
All programs commence with an initial assessment that will take 45 minutes. The initial assessment will involve:
- History taking of the chronic condition.
- An understanding of the goals and needs of the client.
- Developing an understanding of the condition and how it is impacting on the client’s quality of life.
- A full functional assessment to determine the movement causes that may be impacting on the recovery process for the clients condition.
- The functional assessment will determine a client’s range of motion, mobility, stability and functional strength and will NOT cause an increase in symptoms or dysfunction and can be completed by all clients comfortably.
- Clients that attend as a result of a Mental Health condition will also complete the functional movement assessment so that the Exercise Physiologist can tailor their specific program to their current physical capabilities.
- Finally, the Exercise Physiologist will explain to the client the plan for recovery, the expected outcomes and the realistic timeframe that these goals and outcomes can be achieved with the correct commitment to training and movement.
- A follow up appointment will be made where the client will be taken through their exercise program. The client will complete all the exercises in the session under the supervision of the Exercise Physiologist. The client will be educated on the importance of the exercises, the muscles that are being targeted and why this is important and at the completion of their session they will be provided access to the exercises on a free app that can be accessed on any devise including phone, tablet, computer or smart tv.